Sunday 17 May 2015

Begone, damn pain ...

Just when I thought things are ticking along nicely, no pain for a week, the old diseased offal decides to let me know who's boss of this whole cancer malarkey. Was fine yesterday, went to see parents, called into a couple of shops then home. Kev set to cook curries so I decide to help by making fresh raita.  I've only just started chopping up the mint when the old familiar pain starts in my side and the next thing I know, I'm  doubled up in agony, not knowing what to do and breathing like a stuck pig! Kev manages to get me upstairs to bed but it takes a good few minutes for me to actually make it onto the bed, such is the pain.  Once there and a good dose of morphine sees me drift off for the rest of what's left of the afternoon.  Manage to crawl down for some curry but as it hurts to stand, sit or lie, can't get comfortable.  I manage to last out on the settee until 10.00 pm then crawl back up to bed for more morphine and the hope of some sleep.

No such luck.  Kept awake most of the night and finally drift off at 3.30 am only to be woken at 4 by Ellie who wants to go out into the garden!

Needless to say, I drift back off and stay in bed til late morning until hauling myself downstairs.  Such fun weekends we have chez Maison Atkins but just hoping this pain has gone before we set off for London on Tuesday again .......

Interesting fact: since I was diagnosed, I've not been able to eat liver.  Used to love the stuff, especially with onions but it's been off the menu here for over a year .......

1 comment:

  1. You talented girl, just read your blog, touched, tearful and proud to know you, you gutsy cookie. In times of need everyone needs a family like the Atkins - 'The Power of Love' - I feel a song coming on - oh no Phil's told me to shut that awful noise up (well he said something like that!). I knew that nutty DN would be good at something! Keep kicking its butt. Wishing you many pain free good days. Love Sharon x

    ReplyDelete